Updated: Aug 3, 2020
It has been a while and I hope everyone is keeping safe during these COVID times. To be honest, corona is messing up with my summer plans. I was supposed to be; in a Latin dance class, finally get better with boxing --> because I have been a beginner since 2017 lol, going to festivals in Toronto, short distance travelling, going for spoken-word-like events, etc.
SUMMER 2020 was supposed to be LIT BUT here we are. At the end of the day, I am grateful to be alive, to be well and to have a support system and people to talk to. I never want to take these things for granted. For someone who can be a loner, I am grateful for the opportunity to still connect.
Today, I will like to share some tips on how to keep your vayjayjay fresh and healthy! There are things I assumed are common knowledge but when I look back, I remember how I learnt them too. So maybe, my knowledge isn't common. If you doubt some of these things, ask your doctor. Yes, talk to your doctor about keeping your vagina healthy.
1) NO DOUCHING: I was about 19 and taking a shower, and my older cousin getting ready doing her make up too in the bathroom. We were talking/gisting as per usual, when she asked me if I use soap to wash myself down there. I was surprised she asked because, why wouldn't I? She told me how she was also surprised the first time she heard this.
Douching is when you flush or wash inside your vagina. Some people use soap, baking powder, vinegar, etc. Please the vagina cleans itself naturally, please do not do this!!!
I promise you that it will be odorless. Also, I rather not use feminine wash but if you want to, maybe talk to your doctor first.
Douching (even using feminine wash) can mess up with the vagina's pH balance, it can cause vaginal infections too. The Vagina cleans itself.
That being said, there are other partS of your whole area you should wash with soap. Please, I am not saying don't wash your behind with soap, please wash your behind, don't be nasty!! lol. Wash your laps with soap too, and around the vayjayjay area (with water), but do not use a wash inside your vagina.
2) FRUITS/ JUICES: 2 fruits or juices that will help you feel fresh and nice down there are: cranberry juice (my personal favorite) and pineapples. Cranberries are infection fighters and have antioxidants in them, they also help to maintain our pH balance. They can help you with fighting UTIs too. Pineapples help to prevent infections and keep the natural smell of the vayjayjay. These two fruits or juices, I am sure of!
There are other tips or foods I have heard helps like ginger tea, plain/greek yogurt, apples, avocados etc. Apparently, they may contribute to help you have better sex.
3) WATER : Drink water. Water is good for your skin, for your digestive system and also for your punanni. It cleans it, it hydrates it, it gives it the moisture it needs. Drink water :)
4) AFTER PERIODS: One thing I do right after the monthly period is to go to bed without any underwear. Your vajay needs to breathe. 3 - 5 days of your darling just being tied up, covered, and getting rid of unwanted stuff. Girl, it needs to relax, it needs natural air, let breeze blow on it.
Letting it be helps it feel fresh and eases off the period-like smell. I also drink my cranberry juice after my periods.
5) Separating Panties: To be honest, I do not know what the direct benefit of this it but it just makes me feel better lol. I think we should all have separate panties we wear during our periods, and another set we wear on the regular. I believe my mom told me to do this when I was a teenager or so and think it must have its benefits.
So, there you have it, 5 tips on how to keep our vagina fresh and healthy. Do you have other suggestions? Let me know; you can leave your comments!
Thanks for reading, until next time, stay safe & take care.